London, it’s a city of tech-start ups and coworking spaces. For those of you not in the know, coworking is a new style of working- employees share the same environment but work independently from one another. It’s said to boost creativity and workers are reportedly happier and more confident. So if you’re looking for a coworking space in London here are five of the best.
1. Innovation Warehouse Located on top of Smithfield Market and a ten minute walk away from Old Street’s Silicon Roundabout, Innovation Warehouse has been about since 2010. It’s an incubator and coworking society, which has been home to a number of London’s digital start up businesses through the years.
2. The Collective Not just a coworking initiative, but also that of a coliving environment, The Collective aims to create beautiful spaces around the city and provide the ‘greatest possible experiences within them’. It has work spaces in Old Oak Lane, Bedford Square, and Warple Way, as well as living spaces in incredible locations such as Camden, Hyde Park and Notting Hill.
3. TechHub They’ve got offices in Bangalore, Bucharest, Madrid, Riga, Swansea, Warsaw and of course London and think of themselves as a global community. TechHub have housed over 750 start ups, covering over 60 nationalities and these figures keep growing. As a member you’ll have access to beautiful offices, an excellent network of people and free tickets to an event or two.
4. Huckletree Founded by Gabriela Hersham and Andrew Lynch, Huckletree is an innovative coworkign space, which is designed to create a sense of community for entrepreneurs, freelancers, inverstors, start ups and eve larger businesses. They now have three locations to work in, one in White City, another in Shoreditch and the final one in Clerkenwell.
5. Rainmaking Loft You’ll find this trendy coworking space overlooking a marina near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. The Rainmaking Loft aims to help start up businesses by providing a creative and inspiring working environment. You’ll also find it’s other offices around Europe in Germany’s Berlin and Denmark’s Copenhagen.
And if you’re interested in knowing more about coworkign spaces and the tech side to London join our Silicon Roundabout and Tech City walking tour. Also don’t forget to follow us onFacebook, Twitterand Instagram to keep up to date with Insider London.
By Sage Fitzpatrick