The Quirky London Tour
Are you new to London and wanting to find out about the lesser-known facts of the city’s well-known sites? Perhaps you are a local who is curious to find out more about the place you call home? Insider London’s Quirky London Tour is just the ticket! The rare, eccentric, comical, and just plain quirky facts of London are all discussed on this walking tour. Your Insider guide will show you the oddities of London that you may find missing from your maps and guide books.
Highlights of the Quirky London Tour
- Discover what are quite possibly the smallest club and police station in London.
- How straight roads can actually be very exciting, indeed.
- A grand home built by a Duke out of stones he simply ‘borrowed’ from the nearby buildings.
- Sculptures that made the Edwardians in London blush and swiftly close their blinds.
- Lions that would upset any zoologist.
- The writing site and performance location of some of the greatest operettas by the famed musical duo, Gilbert & Sullivan.
The Quirky London Tour covers a vast array of topics in this two hours’ walking tour of the best bits of London. Sites include the Royal Opera House, Waterloo Bridge, Savoy Hotel and Trafalgar Square, among many others, guided by one of our Insiders to give you a delightfully fact-filled and entertaining walking tour. Bound to be a hit for guests of all ages and interests, everyone will leave with a better understanding of the area and several amusing stories of ye olde quirky London towne!
What you need to know
Where do we meet?
In front of Marks & Spencer, opposite to Covent Garden tube station.
How long is the tour?
Approximately 2 hours
When does the tour run?
The tour runs weekly on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and UK Bank Holiday. The Quirky London Tour may also be booked as a private tour at a time suitable for you and your party, please send us an email to make an enquiry.
Where does the tour finish?